Canon EOSCanon EOS 4000D
|Current Price||$396.99||December 5, 2023|
|Highest Price||$407.99||July 25, 2023|
|Lowest Price||$388.99||November 11, 2023|
Last price changes
|$396.99||December 2, 2023|
|$388.99||November 11, 2023|
|$393.99||October 12, 2023|
|$407.99||July 25, 2023|
Overview of Canon EOS 4000D / Rebel T100 DSLR Camera
The Canon EOS 4000D (known as the Rebel T100 in North America) is a digital single lens reflex camera (DSLR) designed for everyday photography enthusiasts. It features an 18 MP APS-C-sized CMOS sensor, a DIGIC 4+ image processor, a 3.0-inch LCD monitor, and a maximum ISO of 6400. The camera’s autofocus system has 9 points, while the 3 fps burst shooting can capture up to 6 consecutive JPEG images. Built with connectivity features, the 4000D can join a Wi-Fi network for remote shooting and image sharing, and transfer images directly to a compatible smartphone with the free Camera Connect app installed. With its lightweight body, an introductory-level user interface, and an accessible price, the 4000D makes DSLR photography more accessible than ever before.
Sensor and Image Processing
The 4000D employs an 18 million-pixel APS-C CMOS sensor that captures sharp and detailed stills. Along with that, it features a DIGIC 4+ image processor that produces high quality photos with notable color detail and low noise levels. It has an ISO sensitivity range of 100 to 6400, expandable to 12800, allowing users to capture images in both bright and low-light settings.
AF System and Image Stabilization
The camera features a 9-point autofocusing system, which includes one Cross-Type point at the center for improved focus accuracy. This system quickly and accurately acquires subjects, regardless of their position in the frame. The camera lacks any form of image stabilization, but certain lenses with incorporated IS can be used to compensate for camera shake when shooting in low-light settings.
The 4000D supports continuous shooting up to 3 frames per second for captures up to 6 consecutive RAW or JPEG images at a time. This is great for capturing action shots, or fast-paced events.
LCD Monitor and User Interface
For easy composition and review, the camera has a large 3.0-inch LCD monitor that has 920k-dots of resolution. This monitor has a wide viewing angle, allowing you to clearly view your photos, even at different angles from your camera. The camera’s user interface is designed for beginner photographers, and includes step-by-step tutorials to help with camera operation.
Beyond still shooting, the 4000D is capable of capturing HD video, in both 720p and 1080p at 25 fps. The camera also has a Video Snapshot mode, where image are taken at 2-,4- and 8-second intervals and then inserted into a video montage. Furthermore, every video clip is time-stamped, indicating it was recorded with the 4000D.
The 4000D features Wi-Fi and low energy Bluetooth (BLE) connectivity, allowing users to join a Wi-Fi network and use the Canon Camera Connect app to remotely control the camera and transfer images directly to a compatible smartphone. With the app, users can also wirelessly print images to a compatible printer.
Design and Durability
The 4000D is designed to be lightweight and comfortable to carry with you on your photo adventures. Notable design features include a pretty standard shutter release, a mode dial, a command wheel, an exposure compensation dial, and an Auto Lighting Optimizer button. Durability-wise, it features a dust- and water-resistant design, built to withstand the elements.
Additional Features and Accessories
The 4000D ships with the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 zoom lens, which provides a 35mm equivalent focal length of 29-88mm. It comes with the EOS Utility software, which allows you to control the camera from your computer. Additionally, you can use the various accessories to extend the capabilities of your camera and get the most out of it, such as an external flash for bounce flash or a monopod for capturing stable shots.
Price and What’s Best for You
The Canon EOS 4000D is an extremely affordable entry-level DSLR camera, and an incredibly great value for the money. The Canon EOS 4000D / Rebel T100 DSLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm Zoom Lens can be found at prices ranging from $255 to $300. If photography is a hobby of yours, then the 4000D may be a great option for you. It comes with all the necessary features that beginners and enthusiasts need to shoot amazing photographs without having to break the bank.
Features of Canon EOS 4000D / Rebel T100 DSLR Camera
• 18.0MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
• DIGIC 4+ Image Processor
• 3.0″ 920k-Dot LCD Monitor
• Full HD 1080/25p Video Recording
• 9-Point AF System
• Up to 3 fps Shooting and ISO 6400
• Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC
• Scene Intelligent Auto Mode
• Creative Filters and Creative Auto Mode
- What type of sensor does the Canon EOS 4000D / Rebel T100 DSLR have? The Canon EOS 4000D / Rebel T100 DSLR Camera has an 18.0MP APS-C CMOS Sensor.
- What type of image processor does the 4000D use? The Canon EOS 4000D / Rebel T100 DSLR Camera uses a DIGIC 4+ Image Processor.
- What type of LCD monitor does the Canon EOS 4000D / Rebel T100 DSLR Camera have? The 4000D has a 3.0″ 920k-Dot LCD Monitor.
- What type of video recording does the 4000D have? The Canon EOS 4000D / Rebel T100 DSLR Camera records Full HD 1080/25p Video Recording.
- How many autofocus points does the 4000D have? The Canon EOS 4000D / Rebel T100 DSLR Camera has a 9-Point AF System.
- What type of burst shooting can the 4000D do? The camera can support up to 3 fps shooting.
- What type of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth does the 4000D have? The Canon EOS 4000D / Rebel T100 DSLR Camera has built-in Wi-Fi and low energy Bluetooth (BLE) connectivity.
- Does the 4000D have image stabilization? The 4000D lacks any form of image stabilization, but certain lenses with incorporated IS can be used to compensate for camera shake when shooting in low-light settings.
- What type of accessories can be used with the 4000D? You can use various accessories to extend the capabilities of your camera such as an external flash for bounce flash or a monopod for capturing stable shots.
- What type of lens comes with the 4000D? The 4000D ships with the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 zoom lens, which provides a 35mm equivalent focal length of 29-88mm.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.