We bought the Ryobi Pressure Washer Electric so our reviewer could do it at home. There is nothing like a tremendous exterior pressure wash to boost curb appeal. Your home can be made brand new by cleaning away the dirt and debris of the season. Some pressure washers are designed to remove months or even years of dirt, cobwebs, and sludge. Other pressure washers, smaller and more portable units, are better suited for seasonal or routine cleaning and are ideal for washing items such as sports equipment.
What is Ryobi’s Electric Pressure Washer?
The Ryobi Pressure Washer blasts away dirt, grime, and other tough stains with a maximum pressure of 2700 and 1.1 gallons per minute. (gpm) of water. Great for cleaning walkways, fences, decks and patios, window screens, outdoor furniture, and other surfaces.
It has two nozzles, one for high pressure and another (“quick change”) with 15, 25, and 40-degree settings and fan and jet soap. A 35-foot high-pressure hose and a detergent tank are also included. The hose, nozzle, and sprayer are stored easily on the hand truck for easy transport.
The Teal Ryobi Pressure Washer is heavy at 50 lbs. It comes in several pieces and requires a t30 Torx bit (not included) for assembly.
Ryobi Pressure Washer Review
- Strong; A wide range of nozzles;
- 35 feet long hose;
- Detergent tank on board;
- Moving the hand truck is simple.
- Storage place for nozzle and hose.
- Using wiring is less efficient.
- Spray nozzles may become blocked.
- Assembly instructions are unclear.
We started with the algae and moss on the foundation of my house, using a 40-degree fan to keep the area from discoloring and highlighting it. This setting does a great job of removing surface dirt and moss. We quickly moved to the patio.
We built this patio a decade ago, and the concrete needed a thorough cleaning. It was also tested with 15 and 25-degree spray patterns before settling on 25 degrees for this 400-square-foot project.
The nozzle bounced up and sprayed water erratically about halfway through cleaning. We had to finish the patio with a 15-degree higher pressure pattern, which took longer and made it look two degrees cleaner.
Later that day, while troubleshooting this problem, we discovered a picture in the instructions showing how to open a spray nozzle with a flattened paper clip! Since we couldn’t find a suitable clamp, we bent a locking pin and inserted it into the tip of the 25-degree spray. Out came a small black plastic pebble.
Once our nozzle was cleared of debris, we cleaned the aluminum canopies. We mounted the ladder and quickly washed the first four canopies. When we got to the last one, we realized the power cord wasn’t long enough, so we attached a 15-foot extension cord and moved on.
The finished canopy was pristine within minutes, even though the pressure washer struggled to pull enough power. It consumes considerable power and performs better when plugged directly into an external outlet. This is not specific to this device. We have had similar problems with other pressure washers we have purchased.
1. Compared To Other Pressure Washers, The Ryobi Electric looks (and is) Quite Substantial.
Our recommended electric Ryobi is not cheap. There are no large plastic covers like Sun Joe and Karcher. It appears to be a gas-pressure washer…
This has certain advantages:
It will never topple because it has a lower center of gravity.
It is easier to move around the yard, especially over obstacles and stairs.
Internal memory to keep things organized.
The inner detergent tank speeds up the cleaning process.
2. Big wheels
Ryobi increased the wheel size (12-inch diameter wheels) to facilitate maneuvers, such as climbing stairs and over obstacles without physically lifting them.
It has the most giant wheels of any domestic electric vehicle.
This is a significant advantage for the property’s ease of use and transport.
3. High-quality fittings and connections
Unlike the plastic seen in many competitors, all fittings and connections on this device are brass.
This means less leakage and longer replacement intervals.
4. There Are No Hose loops
After using pressure washers with and without hose reels for the past 7 years, we have found it much easier to twist the hose by hand and hang it around the pressure washer.
Inexpensive hose reels with these home appliances are more challenging than simply raising the hose.
5. Electric Induction Motor
Anatomy of Ryobi induction motor
The induction motor and pump can be seen in this figure. The pump is the front component with the garden and high-pressure hose connections, while the massive cylinder motor is behind the pump.
The induction motor is one of the main reasons why this Ryobi is cheaper than gasoline.
An induction motor has less rpm than a universal motor, meaning:
- It is more relaxing
- more durable and
Comparison of Ryobi Pressure Washer Models
Ryobi electric pressure washer is intended for domestic use. Their price is between 90 and 300 dollars. Electric machines are great because they require minimal maintenance and are quiet, but the power cord is irritating, and they have lower PSI and GPM than gas machines.
The pressure of Ryobi gas washers ranges from 2900 PSI to 3600 PSI, with two models equipped with Honda engines. Prices range from $320 to $700.
PSI (pounds per square inch)
When it comes to PSI, you should not worry. When using the nozzle, you can move away from the surface to change the force the surface feels to avoid damaging it.
Here are the presses available from Ryobi.
- 1600, 1800 PSI – Ideal for light-duty activities such as cleaning a car, boat, or grill.
- 2000, 2300 PSI – Ideal for your deck and patio furniture
- 2900, 3000, 3100, and 3200 PSI – ideal for driveways and farm machinery.
- 3600 PSI – Ideal for removing graffiti and removing paint.
GPM (gallons per minute)
Flow rate (GPM) is the amount of work that high-pressure water can do.
Let’s say 1 GPM can clean 100 square feet of track in 10 minutes.
A 2 GPM pressure washer may clean 100 square feet in 3 or 4 minutes (depending on operator skill).
When professionals shop, they look for machines with 5+ GPM, and most will upgrade to 8 GPM as their business grows.
Ryobi gas pressure washers have a maximum flow rate of 2.5 GPM. It’s ideal for home use and smaller contractors but not all-day use as it takes too long to do chores.
Ryobi pressure washer Accessories
Ryobi offers a variety of attachments and accessories for its product line. In short, they are:
- Surface cleaner – clean, smooth surfaces faster.
- Telescopic Wand – Clean the second-floor windows and sides from the floor.
- Roller Broom – Similar to surface cleaner, but better for non-flat characters.
- Turbo nozzle – rapidly rotates the 0° spray to produce a cone-shaped spray that can remove even the most arduous particles without damaging surfaces.
- Foam Blaster – Increase cleaning efficiency by blasting the surface with soap before cleaning.
- Other Specialty Nozzles – Ryobi also sells a PSI adjustment nozzle, a 5-in-1 nozzle, and a soap spray nozzle.
5 Key Facts About Ryobi Electric Pressure Washers
During our research, we came across some interesting facts that you may find interesting.
- Tektronic Industries (TTi) owns the Ryobi brand.
- TTi, Ryobi’s parent company, also owns and manufactures Dirt Devil and Hoover vacuums. TTi is a powerhouse in the tool industry that holds the Milwaukee, AEG, Homelite, VAX, and Ryobi tool brands. But do not worry; They are a large company valued at over $5 billion, so your warranty is protected.
- Ryobi Limited was founded in 1943 in Japan. They started as a foundry company and didn’t enter the power tool market until 1968. In 2000, they began selling their power tools business in North America, Europe, and Oceania. Now, Tektronic Industries owns/licenses this brand.
- Mowers, portable generators, pressure washers, chain saws, snow throwers, mowers, and blowers are now available in electric and gas varieties. You can only buy Ryobi in person at The Home Depot. However, it is available online in various markets, including Amazon.
- Ryobi power washers are a little more expensive than pressure and flow versions from other companies, but that’s because of the induction motor, metal fittings, and higher-quality pressure washer hose. So, if you want a robust and durable machine, choose the best electric Ryobi for most people.
Popular Ryobi Pressure Washer Parts
- Ryobi Pressure Washer Thermal Relief Valve
- Ryobi pressure washer Detergent suction kit
- Ryobi pressure washer pump
- Ryobi pressure washer Trigger handle
- Ryobi Pressure Washer Spray Rod
- Ryobi high-pressure hose High-pressure hose
Initial pump purge took 20-30 seconds due to air content.
Pumps are often not inspected and purged before shipping electric machinery.
Ordinary since testing every pressure washer would cost more.
Purging the pump is easy. Get it set up and start pressure washing. Hold the trigger when no water comes out, and it will purify the air and start.
Where Can You Buy?
Ryobi tools are only available at Home Depot. However, you can buy them online at Amazon.com. We went to three regional stores to check out the Ryobi lineup and saw up to four — two electric and two gas — and the other options required you to order them in advance. This is not a significant issue, but it is worth noting. Most alternatives are available on Amazon, but some are sometimes out of stock.
Wrap-Up Ryobi Pressure Washer Electric Review
Most homes use pressure washers extensively. Cleaning siding, brick, and concrete on cars and trailers is their main purpose. A pressure washer can clean even the dirtiest concrete and keep your property appearing clean from the outside. Ryobi pressure washer electric brushless motor and turbo nozzle give this model more power than others.
Frequently Asked Questions Answered
What kind of soap can I use in the washing machine?
You can use any pressure washer soap, not just the Ryobi brand.
How do I assemble my new Ryobi?
All the instructions are in your manual, but the basic idea is to attach the wheels to the top of the cart frame and then screw on the hose holder and spray wand holder.
How do I get started with my washing machine?
After you’ve installed your pressure washer, follow these steps to get started (assuming it’s powered):
- Attach the nozzle tip to the lance end of the spray bar.
- Connect the hose and pressure hose to the inlet and outlet of the pump.
- Connect the power cord to the power outlet (if used).
- Turn on the garden hose to let the water flow ultimately.
- Press the trigger on the spray gun for 15 seconds (a low-pressure stream of water should come out of the nozzle).
- Press the ON button to activate the pressure washer.
- Start by applying full pressure to the pressure washer.
Which cleaning nozzle should I use for each job?
Use any nozzle except the 0-degree red-tip nozzle (which damages items because it’s a precision jet). If needed, move the end away from the surface to reduce the force felt by the coating.